Lacy Leonard is a partner.
Lacy Leonard represents state taxpayers through all stages of a tax controversy, including audit assistance, challenging assessments, and seeking a refund of overpaid taxes. Ms. Leonard has over 18 years of substantial trial experience, which allows her to effectively represent clients before the Comptroller of Public Accounts, the State Office of Administrative Hearings, and in the state district courts. Ms. Leonard also frequently writes and speaks on state tax topics, including the Texas sales tax and Texas franchise tax. Ms. Leonard volunteered as a Travis County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA).
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Government with a Minor in Classical Civilization
Memberships and Recognition:
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association Mentoring Program, Mentor
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers’ Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member