Jimmy Martens is a partner.
Jimmy Martens is a board-certified tax attorney and Certified Public Accountant, who has handled federal and state tax controversies for over 25 years. Today, Mr. Martens continues to represent state and federal taxpayers at all levels of tax controversies, using his extensive knowledge of substantive and procedural tax laws to develop innovative and successful case strategies. Mr. Martens also writes and speaks frequently on tax topics before a variety of CPA, attorney, and industry groups.
Education and Certifications:
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., with honors
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., with honors
- Board Certified in Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant
Memberships and Recognitions:
- Super Lawyer, Tax (2012-2018)
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section, Former Council Member
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Controversy Committee, Vice Chair
- State Bar of Texas, CLE Committee, Former Chair
- UT Law Annual Taxation Conference Committee