Jimmy Martens is a partner.
Jimmy Martens is a trial and appellate attorney. He is Board Certified in Tax Law and maintains a CPA license. He has successfully tried numerous Texas sales tax and Texas franchise tax cases and argued the ensuing appeals to the court of appeals and Texas Supreme Court. He also handles contested cases in the Texas Comptroller’s administrative hearings process. He has authored numerous Texas franchise tax and sales tax textbooks and articles. He speaks frequently at tax conferences sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, the University of Texas at Austin, LAT Seminars, the Texas Society of CPAs and various local CPA chapters. He’s also the TSCPA’s state-wide course instructor on the Texas franchise tax and the Texas sales tax which sponsors his courses annually in the major Texas cities.
Education and Certifications:
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., with honors
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., with honors
- Board Certified in Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant
Memberships and Recognitions:
- Super Lawyer, Tax (2012-2018)
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section, Former Council Member
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Controversy Committee, Vice Chair
- State Bar of Texas, CLE Committee, Former Chair
- UT Law Annual Taxation Conference Committee